Registering your dog
If you live in the Auckland Council area, you need to register your dog with us each year. Registration runs from 1 July to 30 June the following year.
You could risk receiving a fine if you don’t.
Once registered you will receive an annual reminder (sent to your last known address) to re-register your dog/s.
- You need to register your puppy before it turns three months old.
- Register your dog at the address where it spends the most time.
- You need to microchip your dog within two months of being registered.
- If you are under 16 years of age, you need to register the dog under your parent or guardian’s name.
Include with your application:
- a copy of the veterinary certificate if your dog has been de-sexed
- a copy of your Responsible Dog Owner Licence (RDOL), or your RDOL number if you have completed the test
Click here to find out what your dog registration fees are.